In order to comply with the future of Blackboard's partnership guidelines, Qwickly has decided to focus exclusively on LTI versions of its products in order to future-proof all integrations with Blackboard Learn & Learn Ultra. By September 1, 2022, Qwickly, Inc. will officially end support for the Qwickly Blackboard Building Block (B2), including Qwickly Course Tools & Qwickly Jot, and will only support the LTI versions of Qwickly products. It is vital to make plans now in preparation for this end of support date and recommended to begin this transition by Summer 2021.
• Please note that if you are using a licensed version of Qwickly Course Tools (B2), the LTI version is available at the same cost. If you are using the free version of Qwickly Course Tools (B2) or Qwickly Jot (B2), you will need to move to a licensed version by the end of support date in order to continue use of the software. This includes use of the B2 in any unsupported ways, such as serving up a preview version of the B2 into an HTML Ultra Base-Nav module. Note that the free version has never been included with a license of Blackboard Learn. While we understand a great many Blackboard Learn clients have come to rely on some of Qwickly's free tools, we will no longer be able to offer permanently free LTI equivalent versions.
Review this installation guide in order to set up the LTI version of Qwickly Course Tools.
As of December 1st, 2020, 30% of clients are using the LTI version of Qwickly Course Tools.
• January 1, 2021: Timeline announced for End-of-Life of the Qwickly Blackboard Building Block (B2); New feature development for the B2 ends; LTI is the preferred implementation.
• January 1, 2022: Decreased Support; No new versions of the B2 will be published, including bug fixes or compatibility updates for future versions of Blackboard Learn
• September 1, 2022: End of Support; Support inquiries will be directed to the LTI version; B2 Download file will no longer be available publicly.
• September 1, 2022: Service Shutdown for users of free B2 tools (Qwickly Course Tools: Course Availability/Send Email/Post Announcement/Needs Grading and Qwickly Jot).
• January 1, 2023: End of Life date of the Qwickly B2
• June 1, 2023 — Complete Platform Shutdown; The Qwickly B2 (including Qwickly Course Tools & Qwickly Jot) will no longer operate for licensees.
While the goal is to provide ample time to transition away from the B2, this migration timeline is contingent on the movement to LTI by Qwickly Course Tools licensees. If a vast majority of these licensees move to the LTI version at a rapid pace, the end of support date and other dates on this timeline could be moved up.
• It is recommended to move to the LTI version in production between semesters to avoid possible confusion with the building block version & LTI version running simultaneously. As a reminder, testing can (and should) begin before the planned between-semester move and we encourage use of the LTI version in multiple LMS environments (staging, test, production, etc.)
• After the move to LTI is complete, you should deactivate or delete the Qwickly Building Block.
Building Block apps are only fully functional in the Original Experience of Blackboard Learn. If a Building Block is installed on a Blackboard Learn environment with the Ultra Experience enabled, the functionality of the integration will only be available in courses using the Original course view. Building Block functionality is not compatible with the Ultra experience of Learn including anywhere within the Ultra base navigation (outside of the course context) or within Ultra view courses.
Qwickly Course Tools LTI & Qwickly Jot LTI will have all the same features as the B2 version, as allowed by available APIs, plus some additional features. All new features of Qwickly Course Tools & Qwickly Jot will be added exclusively to the LTI versions.
Qwickly is able to diagnose most issues remotely, and bug fixes are applied directly to the LTI version of the tool so no more mid-semester B2 updates are required. Likewise, new features are automatically available without having to update the tool.
Considering an LMS review? With the LTI versions of Qwickly products, any Learning Management System that has LTI/REST API launches could be supported in the future.
Support for the Building Block version of Qwickly Attendance ended on July 1, 2020. Review more details here.